GOLD participants at Missouri's capitol in Jefferson City, Missouri.
What is GOLD?
Greater Ozarks Leadership Development (GOLD) is a regional leadership development program designed for public, private, nonprofit, and civic community leaders in Southwest Missouri. It is becoming increasingly important for community leaders to look beyond the boundaries of their individual home towns to the region as a whole. Effective leadership for the 21st century demands a regional understanding of, and approach to, issues.
Based on the principal that the quality of life and future growth of our region depends on our ability to find common ground and work together, GOLD will:
- Develop personal and professional friendships with fellow GOLD class members and with GOLD alumni.
- Expand your network of regional contacts as we explore southwest Missouri.
- Further develop your community building know-how.
- Enhance your leadership skills.
- Profile southwest Missouri and introduce you to local leaders as we explore a different regional community each month.
- Provide a forum for discussion of important regional issues like workforce development, education, economic development, transportation, funding, etc.
- Explore Jefferson City during a day visit to the Capitol in March.
Tuition & Dates for Class IX, 2015 – 2016
Next GOLD class to start Fall 2015!
Tuition for GOLD is $795. Each GOLD class meets nine times over the course of the academic year - once a month from October through June. Class IX dates are: Oct 7, Nov 4, Dec 2, Jan 6, Feb 3, March 2 (Capitol Visit), April 6, May 4, June 9 (Banquet/graduation).
To foster civic leadership capacity in southwest Missouri
To develop a network of communication, cooperation and community building know-how across the private, public and nonprofit sectors to foster civic engagement, regional awareness, community development, and economic growth in southwest Missouri.
For application information, please contact Program Coordinator Robert Stephens. You may also call Registration Services at 417-836-6660 or (877) 678-2005 toll-free.