Interested in learning how to serve victims and survivors? Our Crime Victim Advocate Certification Program teaches you how. You can also earn valuable CEU’s for the following careers:
- Social Service Providers
- Corrections Personnel
- Juvenile Officers
Victim Service Providers
Mental Health Providers
- Child Development Specialists
- Law Enforcement Officers
Course material is taught over six sessions. To earn the certificate, you must attend all six sessions. The cost of this comprehensive 36-hour certification program is $585. Cost includes expert instruction and training materials. In addition, this course can be modified for individual agencies ranging from a one, two, or three day workshop upon request.
In this course, you'll learn:
- Victim advocacy
- How to strengthen existing practices regarding laws, forensic practices, and on-scene first-responder advocacy
- Disaster response, multiple victims, active shooter and acts of terrorism
- Where to find resources and collaborate with federal, state and local agencies
Dates and Time
- April 16-17, April 30 & May 1, & May 14-15, 2020 | 9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
- June 25-26, July 9-10, & July 23-24, 2020 | 9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
- September 3-4, September 17-18, & October 1-2, 2020 | 9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
- November 19-20, December 3-4, & December 17-18, 2020 | 9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
Fee: $585 (Funding for this program available through the State Services to Victims Fund)
The following information will be covered in course lectures:
- Gain overview of laws regarding crime victims and explore the Criminal Justice process
- Human Trafficking Identification and Awareness
- American/Foreign Victim’s Rights and Legislation
- Active shooter response advocacy for multiple victims
- Multiple victim community/city government response planning
- Sexual Assault Advocacy -SART-Sexual Assault Response Team Collaboration
- Multiple Victim Advocacy for Acts of Terrorism - Land & Air
- Crisis Intervention – Defining types of Trauma – Advocacy in High Stress Situations
- Domestic Violence Advocacy – Safety Planning, Orders of Protection, Legislation
- Advocacy Response for Natural Disasters – Communications, Shelters, EMT/ER
- Hate Crime Advocacy for Targeted Community Demographics-Cultural Competency
- Advocacy for Juvenile victims of crime – Forensic Interview Protocol, Legislation
- Advocacy for Victims of Stalking-Cyber Crimes - Workplace Harassment
- Emergency Room/Hospital Advocacy-Agency Protocol – Liaison Practices, Media, LE
- Collaboration with Federal , State and Local Agencies – Resources, Legislation 2019