During this one-day workshop you will operate a drone/UAS first-hand, under the instruction and guidance of an FAA Certified Remote Pilot in Command.
You can feel safe and confident during flight by operating within a controlled and set geofence, utilizing a secondary controller, with the primary controller in the hands of the instructor. You will also have an opportunity to wear First Person View Goggles.
In addition, this workshop will have a seated portion where you will receive an overview of the FAA's
(Federal Aviation Administration) Rules and Regulations for both remote-piloted aircraft and
operators. You will also receive information regarding the Part 107 Test Prep Course in case you are interested in obtaining your own Part 107 Remote Pilot Certification.
Please Note: You will be required to sign a Safety Waiver prior to flight.
TBD Due to COVID-19 Restrictions | 1 session – Saturday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Location: Meyer Alumni Center, Suite 314 B
Rick Casada, Owner, Aerobotics LLC
FAA, 14 CFR, Part 107 Certified UAS Remote Pilot
- FAA, Safety Team, Part 107 Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems Certificate
- Medical Software Development and Training Consultant
- Healthcare IT Business Analyst
- BS, Professional/Technical Writing & Communications at Missouri State University
Amy Casada, Owner, Aerobotics LLC
- FAA, 14 CFR, Part 107 Certified UAS Remote Pilot
- 25 years of teaching experience, with 8 at the university level
- BS, Kinesiology, Penn State University
- MSAS, Sport Management and Administration, Missouri State University