Sharpen your skills on actual GRE exam questions and follow our proven study plan on your way to success!
GRE Test Prep Classes
Jan. 25, 2018 or
Apr. 26, 2018
Thursday • 6 p.m.-7:30 p.m.
Location: Strong Hall, 202
Feb. 8 - Mar. 6, 2018
Tues. and Thurs. • 6 p.m.-9 p.m.
Location: Strong Hall, 204
June 5 - June 28, 2018
Tues. and Thurs. • 6 p.m.-9 p.m.
Location: MSU Campus
Missouri State GRE Prep classes offer:
- Expert Instructors: Our highly trained instructors are here for you. Our experienced instructors understand the GRE and care about helping you achieve your goals.
- Proven strategies: Our GRE program was developed by test prep experts, who have years of experience writing exam questions and preparing students for success on standardized exams.
- Superior Materials: The GRE Prep Course includes: The OFFICIAL GUIDE to the GRE revised General Test, 2nd Edition – the most recent publication from ETS, the official GRE provider. You also receive the GRE Student Workbook, designed to supplement your classroom lessons, and Powerprep II software on CD-ROM, including a complete computer-based GRE practice exam.
- Convenient Schedule Options: Classroom Test Prep programs are conveniently held on the campus of Missouri State University in Springfield, Missouri. Our Live-online class offers you the opportunity to take the class from anywhere at any time.
- Value: The course fee includes all course materials and instruction from a trained professional who cares about your success.
Prep for the GRE anywhere with Live-online GRE prep classes
Now you can benefit from the quality of Missouri State’s traditional classroom GRE Prep Class from the comfort and convenience of your home or office. This intensive online GRE class is delivered in real time by an expert instructor, and provides you with all the quality and benefits of a classroom experience.
Who Should Take the Missouri State GRE Test Prep Class?
The Missouri State GRE Prep class is ideal for those seeking an advanced degree in a wide range of fields within the next five years. This course is designed for those looking to return to school, recent graduates, and current undergraduate students seeking assistance with the complex quantitative and verbal skills needed to succeed on the GRE. Fields of study that typically require or accept the GRE include: Education, medicine, social work, public administration, and business. Many MBA programs now accept the GRE.
Quantitative Test topics include:
- Picking numbers, both for quantitative comparison and for multiple choice problems
- Tips for breaking complex word problems into small, manageable parts
- Tips for turning geometry diagrams into solvable equations
Verbal Test topics include:
- Solving problems when you don’t know the vocabulary
- Answering reading comprehension questions quickly, without reading the entire passage
- Using comparison and contrast clues to solve sentence completion problems
General Topics Include:
- Solving “Multiple Right Answer” questions
- Utilizing the process of elimination
- Mastering time management skills
- Minimizing test anxiety
- Identifying common distracters
Additionally, strategies for the analytical writing section are outlined, and sample prompts with accompanying essays are discussed.
Please note: ETS®, GRE®, SAT® are registered trademarks of the College Board®, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, this product. www.collegeboard.org