March 7, 2018 • 8:30am-3pm • Cost: $80 (Lunch Included) • Darr Agricultural Center
This professional learning program for physical educator, health educators, administrators and all school health personnel will benefit from this one-day Professional Learning opportunity. The focus on this year’s Quality Health and Physical Education program will be multi-faceted, with time given to:
- Updates relating to Legislative issues and initiatives, including ESSA
- Technology and web resources for teaching and learning in health education and physical education
- Appropriate practices relating to the curriculum and instructional delivery in health and physical education, with emphasis on the implementation of the MOAHPERD Grade Level Outcomes for Physical Education and the plan for the development of the MOAHPERD Grade Level Outcomes for Health Education.
- The Presidential Youth Fitness Program (PYFP) http://www.pyfp.org This is the national fitness education and assessment program helping schools achieve excellence in physical education and empowering students to be fit for life.
- Implementation of the WSCC model and the CSPAP model (Coordinated School Physical Activity Program).
- Standards-based student assessments for achievement and growth measures
- Construction of rubrics for use in student assessments
- The role of the teaching/learning environment and school climate on the feeling of support and engagement for individual personal emotional and social behaviors.
DRESS TO BE MINIMALLY ACTIVE AND PLAN TO BE ENGAGED AND ENERGIZED!
Participants are expected to: BRING A LAPTOP, IPAD, READER, TABLET AND/OR SMART PHONE TO ACCESS MATERIALS AND RESOURCES.
RESOURCE MATERIALS WILL BE PROVIDED TO EACH PARTICIPANT
Registration - 8:30-9am
Activity - 9am-12pm
Lunch - 12pm-12:30pm
Activity - 12:30pm-3pm