February 21, 2018 • 8:30am-3pm • Cost: $80 (Lunch Included) • Darr Agricultural Center
This professional learning program for physical educator, health educators, administrators and all school health personnel will benefit from this one-day Professional Learning opportunity. The focus on this year’s Quality Health and Physical Education program will be multi-faceted, with time given to:
- Updates relating to Legislative issues and initiatives
- Technology and web resources for teaching and learning in health education and physical education
- Appropriate practices relating to the curriculum and instructional delivery in health and physical education.
- The Presidential Youth Fitness Program (PYFP) https://www.pyfp.org This is the national fitness education and assessment program helping schools achieve excellence in physical education and empowering students to be fit for life.
- Standards-based student assessments for achievement and growth measures
- Construction of rubrics for use in student assessments
- The role of cooperation, collaboration, creativity, and cultural competence in the teaching/learning environment
THIS WILL INCLUDE ACTIVITY BASED PROFESSIONAL LEARNING. DRESS TO BE ACTIVE AND PLAN TO BE ENGAGED AND ENERGIZED!
Participants are expected to:BRING A LAPTOP, IPAD, READER, TABLET AND/OR SMART PHONE TO ACCESS MATERIALS AND RESOURCES.
Registration - 8:30-9am
Activity - 9am-12pm
Lunch - 12pm-12:30pm
Activity - 12:30pm-3pm